Labor and Employment
We represent individuals in employment matters, large and small, in every aspect of labor and employment practices, including compliance reviews, internal investigations, collective bargaining negotiations, and defense of claims.
Rathje Woodward’s experienced attorneys have counseled businesses large and small on a broad variety of labor and employment matters. Our services include:
- General counsel services. We provide counseling to clients on every aspect of workplace law, such as hiring and compliance with relevant laws for background and drug screenings; ADA, FMLA and state and local leave compliance; wage and hour issues; pay practices; and reductions in force. We also draft employee handbooks and policies, and conduct anti-harassment and other employment law training.
- Collective Bargaining, Labor Disputes and ERISA. Our attorneys are uniquely equipped to address all traditional labor disputes ranging from union avoidance and jobsite disruption (strikes and picketing) to ERISA audits and withdrawal liability with union pension funds. With extensive practice experience in Federal Court and before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), we have a proven track record of successfully protecting employers from illegal union activity.
- Audits of handbooks, policies and procedures. Our attorneys will review your existing employee handbooks, policies and procedures and provide advice on best practices and compliance with relevant laws.
- Internal investigations. We conduct investigations into allegations of employee misconduct, discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, and financial wrongdoing.
- Administrative Proceeding and Litigation Defense. Our attorneys have successfully defended employers against broad variety of employment-related claims, including discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and Wage Payment Act violations.
- Restrictive Covenant Enforcement. Our attorneys have successfully obtained injunctive relief against former employees who violate non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements.