Advancing Your Institutional Mission
We advise colleges and universities on regulatory compliance, litigation and labor and employment matters, enabling them to focus on their core mission: education. Our services include:
- General Counsel Services: Our attorneys have served as in-house and outside general counsel to both public and private institutions. We understand firsthand the unique challenges institutions face in this increasingly complex regulatory environment.
- Investigations & Litigation: We represent institutions in connection with internal investigations, government inquiries and litigation.
- Regulatory Compliance: We offer in-depth reviews of client policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Student Affairs: We guide clients on fulfilling their obligations with respect to disability accommodations, civil rights, the Clery Act, FERPA, Title IX, and student code of conduct issues.
- Title IV Financial Aid Eligibility: We counsel clients on compliance with their program participation agreements, reporting and disclosure requirements and responding to adverse program review findings.
- Labor & Employment: We defend institutions against employment claims and counsel them on best labor and employment practices.
Higher Education News and Events
The University of Illinois reportedly revised its admissions application to omit questions about applicants’ criminal backgrounds.
On July 17, 2018, the US Department of Education issued a cybersecurity alert for institutions using certain versions of the Ellucian Banner system.
The 2016 Borrower Defense To Repayment Regulations (the “BDR Regulations”) were published in November 2016, but implementation was stayed until 2018.