Advancing Your Institutional Mission
We advise colleges and universities on regulatory compliance, litigation and labor and employment matters, enabling them to focus on their core mission: education. Our services include:
- General Counsel Services: Our attorneys have served as in-house and outside general counsel to both public and private institutions. We understand firsthand the unique challenges institutions face in this increasingly complex regulatory environment.
- Investigations & Litigation: We represent institutions in connection with internal investigations, government inquiries and litigation.
- Regulatory Compliance: We offer in-depth reviews of client policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Student Affairs: We guide clients on fulfilling their obligations with respect to disability accommodations, civil rights, the Clery Act, FERPA, Title IX, and student code of conduct issues.
- Title IV Financial Aid Eligibility: We counsel clients on compliance with their program participation agreements, reporting and disclosure requirements and responding to adverse program review findings.
- Labor & Employment: We defend institutions against employment claims and counsel them on best labor and employment practices.
Higher Education News and Events
Rathje Woodward advises colleges and universities on regulatory compliance, litigation and labor and employment matters, enabling them to focus...
On February 28, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Federal Student Aid published new guidance on how auditors should evaluate data security compliance at colleges and universities. This article is the second in a series of five on how to avoid an adverse audit finding regarding data security.
On February 28, 2020, the Department of Education’s Office of Federal Student Aid published new guidance on how auditors should evaluate data security compliance at colleges and universities.