Advancing Your Institutional Mission
- General Counsel Services: Our attorneys have served as in-house and outside general counsel to both public and private institutions. We understand firsthand the unique challenges institutions face in this increasingly complex regulatory environment.
- Investigations & Litigation: We represent institutions in connection with internal investigations, government inquiries and litigation.
- Regulatory Compliance: We offer in-depth reviews of client policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Student Affairs: We guide clients on fulfilling their obligations with respect to disability accommodations, civil rights, the Clery Act, FERPA, Title IX, and student code of conduct issues.
- Title IV Financial Aid Eligibility: We counsel clients on compliance with their program participation agreements, reporting and disclosure requirements and responding to adverse program review findings.
- Labor & Employment: We defend institutions against employment claims and counsel them on best labor and employment practices.
Higher Education News & Resources
Yesterday, Governor Rauner signed into law a bill that will permit limited use of marijuana-infused products at Illinois public schools for medicinal purposes.
Therese will speak on the issue of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act by adopting effective policies and procedures to address accommodations requests.
Wisconsin Supreme Court Weighs Professor’s Academic Freedom Against University’s Disciplinary Procedures
Last week, the Wisconsin Supreme Court issued its opinion in a dispute between a tenured professor, who had been suspended for publicly criticizing a graduate student-instructor in a blog post, and Marquette University, a private Catholic university.