Advancing Your Institutional Mission
We advise colleges and universities on regulatory compliance, litigation and labor and employment matters, enabling them to focus on their core mission: education. Our services include:
- General Counsel Services: Our attorneys have served as in-house and outside general counsel to both public and private institutions. We understand firsthand the unique challenges institutions face in this increasingly complex regulatory environment.
- Investigations & Litigation: We represent institutions in connection with internal investigations, government inquiries and litigation.
- Regulatory Compliance: We offer in-depth reviews of client policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Student Affairs: We guide clients on fulfilling their obligations with respect to disability accommodations, civil rights, the Clery Act, FERPA, Title IX, and student code of conduct issues.
- Title IV Financial Aid Eligibility: We counsel clients on compliance with their program participation agreements, reporting and disclosure requirements and responding to adverse program review findings.
- Labor & Employment: We defend institutions against employment claims and counsel them on best labor and employment practices.
Higher Education News and Events
What are FOIAs and what do they have to do with higher education? Therese King Nohos as quoted on The College Fix.com.
Mark McAndrew and Therese King Nohos will lead a discussion on IL Recreational Cannabis Act and its affects on the business community and higher education institutions.
A new strain of coronavirus (2019-n-CoV), believed to first have been diagnosed in Wuhan City, China, has been declared “a health emergency of international concern” by the World Health Organization.