- Real Estate, Land Use & Development
- Loyola University (M.A., 1988)
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D., 1987) Articles editor for Loyola Law Journal (1986 – 1987)
- University of Illinois (B.A., 1983)
- 1987 State of Illinois
- 1987 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- 1994 U.S. Court of Appeals
Tracy Kasson joined Rathje Woodward LLC in 1987 and became a member in 1991. Mr. Kasson’s practice concentrates in the areas of land use entitlements, commercial transactions, and commercial litigation. Mr. Kasson has represented over one hundred commercial and residential developers regarding their zoning entitlements and has negotiated annexation and/or re-zoning and development agreements for thousands of acres throughout northern Illinois. He successfully obtained easements from the DuPage County Forest Preserve to enable Will County to receive Lake Michigan water. He also negotiated the sale of property and required easements to extend the Chicago and Northwestern railroad to Elburn, Illinois.
He also has represented plaintiffs in multi – million-dollar complex commercial lawsuits, real estate and land use lawsuits, and class action lawsuits, and has successfully defended two favorable appellate rulings in the Illinois Supreme Court. In 2007, he was selected as a “Super Lawyer” in the land use and zoning field. In 2017, he was selected as a Leading Lawyer in Commercial Real Estate.
- Bart v. City of Naperville, 97 CH 98
- Oak Brook Park District v. Oak Brook Development, 83 ED 10
- Pierce Downer’s Heritage Alliance v. Village of Downers Grove, 302 Ill.App.3d 286, 704 N.E.2d 898, 235 Ill.Dec. 325, 1998 WL 892268, Ill.App.2 Dist. December 22, 1998 (NO. 2-98-0170)
- Sterling Freight Lines, Inc. v. Prairie Material Sales, Inc., 285 Ill.App.3d. 914, 674 N.E.2d 948, 221 Ill.Dec. 155, 1996 WL 743548, Ill.App.2 Dist. December 31, 1996 (NO. 2-96-0162)
- Election Redistricting: A Call for Reform, Loyola University Law Journal Issue: 17, (1986)