- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Formation and Corporate Maintenance
- Employment Law
- General Counsel
- Homeowners’ Associations
- John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1980)
- University of Illinois (B.S., 1974)
- 1980 State of Illinois
- 1981 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- 1980 Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
- 1980 U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Mark J. McAndrew brings a combination of decades of experience, traditional values and fresh
solutions to your legal needs. Mark combines legal and management skills that are a result
of his private practice and in-house, general counsel experiences. Mark concentrates his
practice in commercial transactions, employment law and homeowner’s association matters.
While Mark emphasizes customized agreements, risk awareness and eliminating legal issues
before they arise, he has, throughout his career, litigated cases in state and federal trial and
appellate courts, across the country.
Mark is a frequent lecturer at continuing legal education seminars and in-house programs for
Whether the issues are related to a contract, transaction, policies or an investigation,
knowledge of employment law’s ever-changing environment is essential to any successful
business. Clear and equitable application of laws and policies creates an environment that
fosters success in an organization through motivated employees. Clients include individuals
and corporations, yielding a full understanding of issues from all angles.
Every effort must be made to avoid costly and time-consuming litigation. This is done by
proper preparation of documents, training, auditing company procedures and recognizing,
confronting and resolving issues before the parties resort to litigation. However, when
litigation is necessary, Mark has successfully litigated civil suits and appeals.
Representative lawsuits include environmental, commercial, and industrial accident issues.
He also represents companies and individuals in employment matters and, as such, he
understands complex issues from all perspectives.
Commercial and Transactional
Mark is blessed to work with experienced business executives, in successful companies,
across many industries. He has managed an in-house legal department and his current law
firm. This experience brings a unique understanding of the issued placed on business
leaders, what they need from their counsel and a sense of partnership in the clients’
successes. Whether it be contracts, transactions, regulatory compliance or investigations,
Mark brings a balance of technical competence and practicality to the team that allows him
to present and prioritize viable options to business leaders.
Mark’s in-house commercial and litigation experience combine to serve the needs of
associations, whether it be working with a board; drafting clear, customized and enforceable
documents or efficiently resolving disputes that arise.
Mark and his wife, Heidi, raised two sons in DuPage County and are life-long residents.
Mark has and continues to serve his church and the community in a variety of ways.
Whether as a coach, an elder in his church or as a board member for not-for-profits that
benefit children around the world, Mark as well as other members of Rathje Woodward LLC
continue to honor and serve their community, at home and abroad.
- Moderator, Value Driven Leadership Presentation and Discussion Business Leaders, 9/20/18, Benedictine University, Lisle, Illinois
- DCBA Labor and Employment Law Section, MCLE Presentations:
➢ Changes to Watch For (January 27, 2016)
➢ Fraud Avoidance Investigation and Mitigation (March 7, 2016)
➢ Recent Legislation (April 20, 2017)
➢ Roundtable of Current Developments in Labor and Employment Law (May 5,
➢ Updates on Labor Law (June 22, 2017)
- Windy City Summit, Chicago, IL: Fraud Avoidance and Investigation (May, 2017)
- 2017 DuPage County Business Forum – “Tuned Into Tech” (November 16, 2017)
- 2016 DuPage County Business Forum – “Trends in Business Fraud & Mitigating Risk” (November 16, 2016)
- Annual DuPage County Regional Business Outlook & Executive Briefing – Moderator (May 4, 2010), “Taking Care of Business”
- DCBA – Labor and Employment Issues for Business Owners (February 19, 2016)
- Developer, Moderator and Speaker “Recent Changes to FMLA”, (2008 – 2011)
- DuPage Business Forums – Strategic Answers and Applications for Business (November 20, 2013; November 19, 2014; November 18, 2015)
- DuPage County Bar Association – February 3, 2001: Labor/Employment Law – Notable Cases from the year 2000
- DuPage County Bar Association – January 20, 2007: “Electronic Discovery and the New Federal Rules” – Executive Briefings –
- Executive Roundtables – Developer, Moderator – “Healthcare and Employment”, (2005 – 2008)
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce – Moderator – October 12, 2010: “Central Illinois Employers’ Healthcare Conference”
- Lorman Education – April 23, 2003: Employee Discharge & Documentation in Illinois, Seminar
- Lorman Education – March 1, 2005: Time Off: State & Federal Laws on Employee Leave, Vacations & Holidays
- Lorman Education – March 12, 2004: Time Off: State & Federal Laws on Employee Leave, Vacations & Holidays
- DCBA Labor & Employment Law Section Chair 2000 – 2001 and 2016 – 2017
- Board of Directors, Choose DuPage
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce – Employment, Law and Litigation Committee & Business Advisory Council
- Rev 3, Board of Directors
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
- AVVO Rating, 10.0 “Superb”
- Leading Lawyers, 2015 – Present