- Insurance Recovery
- University of Missouri – Columbia (B.A., 2013)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Illinois (2017)
- Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2017; Trial Bar – 2021)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2020)
David P. Hollander is a skilled trial and appellate litigator. He has successfully represented clients in a broad variety of high-stakes litigation matters, with a particular focus on insurance recovery, higher education, real estate/construction, and intellectual property litigation. Super Lawyer Magazine named David as a 2020 Rising Star for his work representing higher education institutions in litigation matters.
David has handled matters across the country, including trial or hearings in Illinois, Kansas, Washington, and Wisconsin. He has first chair trial experience in small claims court; has assisted in several complex, multi-day trials; and has argued before the Illinois Appellate Court. He also has experience conducting internal investigations and responding to investigations by state and federal agencies.
In addition to his commercial practice, David maintains an active pro bono practice, focused primarily on protecting voting rights. David spearheads the firm’s participation in the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Diversity Clerkship Program. In law school, David served as President of the University of Wisconsin Law School Mock Trial Program, and as the American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellow for the State of Wisconsin. He was inducted into the Pro Bono Honor Society and received awards for academics, outstanding trial advocacy, and service to the legal community.
David’s representative experience includes:
- Served as second chair attorney in successful four-day product liability bench trial on behalf of U.S. military housing contractor.
- Successfully dismissed counterclaims in trademark infringement suit, where defendant alleged the infringed-upon trademarks were invalid and secured through fraud on the USPTO.
- Obtained $750,000 judgment after prevailing on cross-motions for summary judgment on behalf of plaintiffs in a fraudulent misrepresentation action related to the sale of a business.
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss in real estate and environmental dispute on behalf of one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world.
- Drafted successful opposition to an Illinois county’s motion to dismiss Section 1983 constitutional claims on behalf of an ambulance company unlawfully denied a license to operate within the county.
- Conducted over 15 employee-witness interviews on behalf of higher education institution, as part of successful response to False Claims Act case and inquiry by the institution’s accrediting body.
- Contributed to litigation team that enjoined certain Wisconsin election regulations as unconstitutional in light of coronavirus, which resulted in approximately 80,000 ballots counting when they otherwise would have been disqualified.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Election Protection Hotline, Site Captain
- Mizzou Alumni Association, Former Chicago Chapter Vice President
- Legal Assistance for Disaster Relief, Former Vice President
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Star® (2020)
- Pro Bono Society Inductee – University of Wisconsin Law School (2017) and State Bar of Wisconsin (2019)
- University of Wisconsin Law School Habush, Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award (2017)
- Bruce F. Beilfuss Memorial Award for Service to the University of Wisconsin Law School (2017)
- University of Wisconsin Law School Dean’s List (Spring 2015)
- American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellowship (2015)
- David P. Hollander Named Super Lawyers Rising Star For His Work In The Higher Education Field
- COVID-19: Five Steps Every Impacted Business Should Take To Maximize Insurance Coverage
- Rathje Fights Voter Purge in Wisconsin
- Spotlight on David Hollander
- Peter Francis Geraci Loses 7-Year, $90 Million Court Battle with Former Employee
- David Hollander Has Joined Rathje Woodward LLC