- Higher Education
- Insurance Recovery
- University of Missouri – Columbia (B.A., 2013)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Illinois (2017)
- Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2020)
David P. Hollander is a trial and appellate litigator. He has represented clients in a broad variety of high stakes litigation matters, with a particular focus on insurance recovery, higher education, real estate/construction, and intellectual property litigation. In addition to his commercial practice, David has represented individuals and civic groups in voting rights litigation, including cases that have reached the U.S. Supreme Court and Wisconsin Supreme Court.
David has handled matters across the country, including trial or hearings in Illinois, Kansas, Washington, and Wisconsin. He has first chair trial experience in small claims court; has assisted in several complex, multi-day trials; and has argued before the Illinois Appellate Court, Second District. He also has experience conducting internal investigations and responding to investigations by state and federal agencies.
In law school, David served as President of the University of Wisconsin Law School Mock Trial Program and as the American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellow for the State of Wisconsin. He was inducted into the Pro Bono Honor Society and received awards for academics, outstanding trial advocacy, and service to the legal community.
Representative experience includes:
- Served as second chair attorney in three-day product liability bench trial on behalf of military housing contractor.
- Successfully drafted and argued motion to dismiss counterclaims in construction dispute on behalf of national cafe chain, leading to a favorable settlement shortly thereafter.
- Obtained $700,000+ judgment after prevailing on cross-motions for summary judgment on behalf of plaintiffs in a fraudulent misrepresentation action related to the sale of a business.
- Conducted over 15 employee-witness interviews on behalf of higher education institution, as part of response to False Claims Act case and inquiry by the institution’s accrediting body.
- Successfully drafted and argued motion to dismiss breach of fiduciary claims brought by homeowners against association board members.
- Part of litigation team that successfully obtained order enjoining certain Wisconsin election regulations due to coronavirus pandemic, which resulted in tens of thousands of ballots counting when they otherwise would have been disqualified.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin, Volunteer
- Mizzou Alumni Association, Former Chicago Chapter Vice President
- Legal Assistance for Disaster Relief, Former Vice President
- University of Wisconsin Law School Dean’s List (Spring 2015)
- American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellowship
- University of Wisconsin Law School Habush, Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award.
- University of Wisconsin Law School Pro Bono Society Inductee.
- Bruce F. Beilfuss Memorial Award for Service to the University of Wisconsin Law School.