- Higher Education
- Insurance Recovery
- University of Missouri – Columbia (B.A., 2013)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Illinois (2017)
- Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2020)
David P. Hollander is a trial and appellate litigator. He has represented clients in a broad variety of high-stakes litigation matters, with a particular focus on insurance recovery, higher education, real estate/construction, and intellectual property litigation.
David has handled matters across the country, including trial or hearings in Illinois, Kansas, Washington, and Wisconsin. He has first chair trial experience in small claims court; has assisted in several complex, multi-day trials; and has argued before the Illinois Appellate Court, Second District. He also has experience conducting internal investigations and responding to investigations by state and federal agencies.
In addition to his commercial practice, David maintains an active pro bono practice, focused primarily on voting rights. David has represented individuals and civic groups in voting rights litigation, including cases that have reached the U.S. Supreme Court and Wisconsin Supreme Court. David was recognized as a 2020 Rising Star by the Super Lawyer Magazine for his work representing higher education institutions in litigation matters. In law school, David served as President of the University of Wisconsin Law School Mock Trial Program and as the American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellow for the State of Wisconsin. He was inducted into the Pro Bono Honor Society and received awards for academics, outstanding trial advocacy, and service to the legal community.
David’s representative experience includes:
- Served as second chair attorney in successful four-day product liability bench trial on behalf of military housing contractor.
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss in real estate and environmental dispute on behalf of one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world.
- Successfully drafted and argued motion to dismiss counterclaims in construction dispute on behalf of national cafe chain, leading to a favorable settlement shortly thereafter.
- Obtained approximately $750,000 judgment after prevailing on cross-motions for summary judgment on behalf of plaintiffs in a fraudulent misrepresentation action related to the sale of a business.
- Conducted over 15 employee-witness interviews on behalf of higher education institution, as part of response to False Claims Act case and inquiry by the institution’s accrediting body.
- Part of litigation team that successfully enjoined certain Wisconsin election regulations as unconstitutional in light of the coronavirus pandemic, which resulted in approximately 80,000 ballots counting when they otherwise would have been disqualified.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Election Protection Hotline, Site Captain
- Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin, Volunteer
- Mizzou Alumni Association, Former Chicago Chapter Vice President
- Legal Assistance for Disaster Relief, Former Vice President
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Star® (2020)
- Pro Bono Society Inductee – University of Wisconsin Law School (2017) and State Bar of Wisconsin (2019)
- University of Wisconsin Law School Habush, Habush & Rottier Outstanding Trial Advocacy Award (2017)
- Bruce F. Beilfuss Memorial Award for Service to the University of Wisconsin Law School (2017)
- University of Wisconsin Law School Dean’s List (Spring 2015)
- American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellowship (2015)